Thursday, December 21, 2006

I have left New York and was not able to meet with Tim Tomkinson. My hopes took a hard crash, but I don't think they are permanently damaged. In our correspondence, though brief, he did allude to the fact that he was very busy.....
"up to my eyeballs" I think was the exact term. I was busy myself. Margo came and spent about 5 days with me in the big apple, and it was splendid. Every day was full, and I have viewed so much art this last week that my visual art quota is more than filled, actually overflowing, for the present time. The weather was nice for her visit, not nearly as cold as I initially anticipated, which made all of the walking we did enjoyable.

I am not able to sleep right now, jet lag is kicking in, and I was just awoken with a dream about NYCAMS and professor Romaine telling me that my final paper, which I thought somewhat brillant, deserved a C, because I had not provided a thesis statement and had midway through the paper stopped writing about de Kooning and started writing about how Joseph Bueys was crazy (which is true).

Now I am in my room at my parent's house. I had forgotten how fantastic my bed is, but unfortunately it is almost too soft...I have been sleeping on a brick this whole semester. It is good to be home, but I may have left a part of my heart in New York.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a comment! Boo!

I miss you.