Thursday, December 07, 2006

I'm Such a Stalker...

For the past two years, I have more or less idolized the work of illustrator Tim Tomkinson (www.timtomkinson.com). He is a phenomenal draftsman, and I really like his aesthetic. About two weeks ago I discovered that he lives in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, which is a neighbor to Brooklyn Heights, where I live. I sent him an e-mail and for the most part said, "Tim, I love your work, big fan here. Wanna meet up, you know, discuss art and grad school recommendations?" and after a week of anxiously waiting, I get a reply saying, "Hey Lauren, thanks for the interest, really flattered. Let's meet up, I'm really busy lately, but seeing as you are such a big fan, and are probably a really fantastic person, I'll invite you to my studio." And though this really happened, the dialogue was slightly more professional.
So I am of course, ecstatic right now, and i have already been making a list of quesions, you bet. But for those of you who are thinking, "woa, lauren, don't seem too excited, and don't ask too many questions..just play it cool," you have no need to worry, because if I have learned anything this past year, its to always act casual when meeting really fantastic people.

These are a few images from Tim's website. Check it out!

No comments: