Thursday, October 05, 2006

Eye Candy


And I am not talking about some hottie. I went to a Warhol show yesterday featuring many of his works on Mao. They were so lovely...like bright frosting. Someone even asked which my favorite Mao was, which made me laugh. Warhol took this image of the dictator and created something comical and beautiful, even absurd, especially those which looked like he was wearing lipstick. The showcards were gold lettering printed on red leather. You bet I pocketed one.

I finally made it over to the Met, and I think I hyperventilated a few times. However, if I have to hear "no flash photography, no flash photography, no flash photography...." because some stupid tourist is taking their obnoxious photos (seriously, you can find most of these works online) I might just take someone out.

No comments: